Our CG was asked a couple of months ago to lead this month's COOL meeting. COOL stands for Christ Our Only Love, and it is our Youth Ministry (ie the ministry that God has put in my charge!). So it was quite a challenge to think up a programme that would be fun, and entertaining for the youth. I was a little apprehensive initially, but when I saw how enthusiastically our CG reacted, I was really very encouraged.
Icebreakers were originally meant to be led by Elaine, but unfortunately she came down with something at the last minute, and so Yock Chin took over. Playing the egg to angel game was really fun, and the youth seemed to have a good time! Sandra did a good job with worship, and then Ernest took over with Word, speaking on the Helmet of Salvation, in line with the theme of the YM this year, the armour of God. His introduction was certainly something, playing the clip from Gladiator! His sharing was succint and to the point, and was a good balance between having enough substance, and not being too long, that the youth would have something to take from it.
The highlight of the event was games led by Francis. It was a variation of the passing the message, with Francis having choreographed short skits to be acted out (in time to music!) to each individual member of the team, and them passing the message, until the last person had to guess what the skit was about. It was certainly a hidden talent that Francis had, which we'd never been aware of! Jaws has never been so entertaining!!!
The whole meeting ended with refreshments prepared by Elena, and it was very much enjoyed by all who took part. I think we have really discovered the youth in us, and also realised that this is certainly an area in which we can serve. This is an encouragement especially for me, as I am still a little apprehensive about going into the Youth Ministry. Perhaps this is God's way of telling me that it is not as scary as I think it is....
Monday, November 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment