The new deacon-elects and elder-elects were introduced in church on Sunday. I'm sure many of you already can guess who they are, but just to confirm it:
Elders: Danny, David and Lester
Deacons: Melvin, Naide and myself
Jeffrey has asked to step down, as he is in the midst of making a major decision regarding work and family. Simon has agreed to stand for election again for a 2nd term, and Vincent's term has not ended yet. I am looking forward to working with all these steadfast men of God, and I hope to learn much from them as we work together in servanthood.
I titled this posting the way it is because I've really come to realise that this calling is a great responsibility to shepherd God's people and to serve them, and that constantly reminds me of who I am accountable to. I guess for me, it was a realisation that started when I was shepherding a cell group, and now it has grown even bigger. Its fitting that this week, I've spent preparing a lesson on John 3 verse 22 onwards, where John the Baptist talks about Jesus' ministry for tonight's cell group. The verse that struck home as I was preparing was John 3: 30 "He must become greater, I must become less".
It is a reminder to me that as God calls me to more areas of service, more and more I should fade into the background for His glory to be seen. Hence my approach to this new area of service with fear and trembling.
More sad news, is that Elder Paul will be taking a leave of absence for a period of 2 to 3 years, as he has been asked to relocate to Taiwan with his whole family for work. As such, we will certainly miss his insight and direction in leading the committee together with Eld Soh Keng. He of course remains an Elder (which is a life appointment), and once he is back, will be back in the thick of things again.
Please pray along with us as a whole committee as we work together, especially in the absence of a pastor, for unity and accountability, and humility as we serve the church.
Tuesday, June 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment