This is probably beginning to sound a bit familiar but everytime I come back to my blog to update it, the amount of time that has passed amazes me.
Easter is here again, and with it, I am again reminded of what our Lord has done for me. In the blink of an eye 19 years have passed since the day I rededicated my life to Christ, on 17 April 1987, Good Friday, when I made a commitment that I would serve Him and honour Him. Every Easter I have since made it a habit to take stock of the year that has passed and to renew my commitment to Him again, and what better day to do it than the day He died for all our sins. I am constantly amazed to look back and see the blessings that God has showered on Elena and I, as well as how His sovereign hand has guided us through the dark valleys.
This year for the first time, the Good Friday service was held at the Singapore Expo, where the combined English Presbytery gathered to worship together as a body. The speaker was the Rev David Jackman, who delivered the word with wit, compassion and great conviction. I greatly enjoyed the message, and was very ministered by it. In particular I was amused, and touched by his sharing of the 171 bus, which runs from TTC to Orchard Road. He mentioned that he and his wife had been living at TTC for about 6 weeks, and had thus become very familiar with the bus. He shared how he could have asked the bus driver about the route, or how he could have asked he passengers about where the bus went, but ultimately, he shared that the best way to find out about the bus was to get on it, and let it take you where it went.
In the same way, sometimes it is easy to pontificate, and debate about theology in our Christian lives, but like Rev Jackman says, if you don't get on the bus, you will never get to where you want to go. My brothers and sisters, I hope you too have gotten on the bus, and that you are enjoying the ride!
Friday, April 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment